Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rain Drops and Flowers

 It has been common that the rain has brought more humidity then a cool break in the heat but this time around it brought some fresh cool air. This summer has broken records in West Michigan. I've had my fair share of being outside in the heat but today was exciting. I love the sound of rain. I tend to sleep the best on those nights because the sound is so calming. Today I woke up and saw the petals of the flowers as well as plants just sparkle. It reminds me a lot of diamonds and yes I like "shinny things" =) 
If you take a photography class at GRCC and have Fillipo you will learn very fast to NOT take pictures of flowers because its cliche and over done. Guess what? People still find them pretty and will NEVER get sick of them! I think we can be cliche if we want.
My neighbor Deb always has beautiful flowers in her yard so I decided to get some use out of my macro lens. I hope you enjoy. 








Gerber Daisies are my favorite flower =) 











~Vanessa M. Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment